Monday 6 February 2017

All roads lead to Albany



Sunday 5th February, 2017.

Heading for Albany.

This morning I expected to wake up hungry, but still not, so we pack up and make the short walk to the car hire place to pick up our car to drive down to Albany to meet up with my cousin Jo-Anne. Finding our way out of the city is easy and the traffic is very light, thankfully. So I get to get used to the car before it gets busy. Still not hungry but see a Hungry Jack’s at Forrestdale, so we stop and eat. The road is not the sort of road I’m keen to drive on at 110k/hr, but we have no problems. Lunch is a pie at the well-known and recommended Mt Barker Bakery, and pick up a slice to have when we arrive at Albany. Weather-wise it’s a good day for driving, and about 5 hours later we arrive in Albany, after taking a short detour to the Cape West Howe winery to pick up a couple of bottles. The entry to the property is very pretty, but I’m amazed at how quiet it is for a Sunday afternoon. When we walk in the door, my attention is instantly taken by some timber cut wall decorations, which have been made by a local Albany artist Sue Codee. I decide to track her down when we get to Albany, because I’m going to buy and I’d rather buy directly from her. But that’s a story for another day……….

Jo has found us some accommodation at the Big 4 Middleton Beach Holiday Park. We have a 2 bedroom cabin and it has everything we could want and it’s right on the beach – fantastic.

Dinner is a short walk away at the Three Anchors, a nice pub type place right on the beach just along from our accommodation. There is a live musician playing when we get there, thankfully he’s only got another 15 minutes before he’s finished his gig. What ever happened to ‘background’ music? And, am I getting old?? Lol. Grilled Nannygai for me and Jo and Trevor has quail.

We’re all fairly tired, so it’s an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment